Like everything else, candles require some TLC to ensure they're performing their best. We're glad that you're interested in loving your candles and we're happy to provide some tips for best use:
1. Never, ever, ever leave a candle burning unattended. This seems obvious but you might be thinking 'what's the worse that could happen?' Let's not go there. Keep an eye on those burning candles!
2. After the first burn - always trim your wick to 1/4" before lighting. This ensures an even melt pool, lengthens the life of your candle and makes burning your candle safer because the flame won't get too big. We suggest burning our candles for 2-3 hours at a time with a maximum of 4 hours.
3. Always light your candle on a flat heat resistant surface. This ensures that the wax doesn't smother the wick.
4. Keep your jar free of wick trimmings or any other debris that might fall into the container.
5. Always allow the melt pool to reach the edges of the jars before extinguishing. This will allow the candle to burn evenly and prevent "tunneling."
6. Never leave a candle burning within reach of children, pets or a draft.
Following these guidelines your candle should burn for about 40-50 hours.
*All Matchstick Wax candles are made with soy wax, cotton wicks and phthalate free fragrance oils and/or essential oils. Candles that are made exclusively with essential oils will say so in the product description*